Content Marketing Manager
In an all digital, remote everything world, how customers buy has changed. To adapt to the new realities, revenue teams must develop new habits and behaviors. That’s why at SetSail, we have built the world’s #1 AI-powered Sales Behavior Management Platform. SetSail AI unlocks the most accurate deal intelligence across 250+ customer signals and instantly rewards reps for winning behaviors during the sales cycle. Our approach is new and revolutionary. And pioneering enterprise sales and service teams at Dropbox, Cisco, Hubspot and Pendo already use SetSail to transform how they sell. We are growing fast and looking for more Setsailors to join us on our mission to empower every rep to win!
What you’ll do
As the content strategy and marketing lead for SetSail you will build the content machine that positions us as thought leaders in modern ways of selling. Your work will build strong relationships with the Sales VP buyer – both prospects and customers. You will build and maintain a cohesive content calendar and launch smart content initiatives that help us build engaged audiences at scale.
- Work with customers, influencers, and product teams to develop a content strategy
- Build content themes and calendar across all channels including social, email, video
- Rapidly deliver a good balance of how to, visionary, and entertaining content to build a loyal audience of Sales buyers
- Help us be the leaders in the AI for sales, sales behavior management, and revenue management categories by supporting our narrative with content and thought leadership
- Go outside of the typical content marketing box. Think not just blogs, studies, and ebooks, but also 3rd party media, video series, TikTok series, social content drips, cookbooks, podcasts, and witty newsletters
- Understand our product and turn our product data into valuable tools and insights
- Create a distinct and authentic tone and voice for SetSail across our various content formats.
- Find influencer content opportunities and in a systematic way, bring them into our content strategy
- Think big like launching a revenue school, incentives academy, etc. vs just one-off content
- Consistently keep yourself honest by measuring the effectiveness of your content and seeking resources when you need help to improve content performance.
- 3+ years of experience creating engaging content for business audiences
- Strong writing skills in various formats: long-form, short form, social media.
- Familiarity with CRM and SaaS tech space
- Able to quickly understand and relate to pains and needs of the Sales buyer
- Background in media and journalism is preferred
- Constantly thinking of new ways to communicate with people.
- Love for experiments and if you are inspired by pop culture and Pixar, that’s okay too
- Some video editing chops and an eye for design won’t hurt
- Passion for emerging tech and how it solves business problems
Things we admire in a coworker
- Proven aptitude in building consensus, resolving conflict, solving tough business problems, and rolling up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- A true “team player” mentality with positive and fun energy, who actively seeks out feedback, and iterates quickly.
- Strong communication skills, comfort in front of senior groups, and accountability for action items.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
Why you’ll love SetSail
- 100% remote team with an onboarding package to help get you setup.
- Generous benefits: Health/dental/vision coverage (Anthem Blue Cross PPO, Spirit Ameritas dental and Spirit VSP vision), and we cover 95% of employee cost and 80% of any dependent cost, company 401k.
- Equitable company equity.
- Flexible time off and one Friday a month off to reboot.
- Monthly food and snack stipend to keep you energized.
- Company game nights — bring your A-game!
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.