SetSail is on a mission to motivate customer-facing teams to reach their full potential. By combining data science (to uncover hidden buying signals) and behavioral science (to motivate reps), SetSail helps scale excellence across teams and builds habits of high performance.
At SetSail, we pride ourselves on open communication, honesty, and a results-driven approach to our work. We are a 100% remote team that’s continuously focused on building better relationships and challenging each other to always be growing.
Because SetSail is especially effective at motivating distributed teams, we’ve seen unprecedented growth during the economic crisis and have secured additional funding to help accelerate our growth even further. https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/08/setsail-raises-raises-7m-to-change-how-sales-teams-are-compensated/
You are self-driven and passionate about all aspects of data engineering. For example, you probably…
- enjoy making data processing run faster
- like thinking about spinning up more computers to process more data
- familiar with optimization and scaling methods such as profiling and benchmarking
- have strong opinions on data engineering best practices like partitioning, join directions, unique join keys, …
You would likely have experience with analytical and database languages (e.g., SQL, python), and familiar with large-scale data processing tools and concepts like AWS EMR, Spark, data lake, …
About the role
You will be part of the Data Science team and collaborate closely with Engineering, Product, and Go-to-Market. You will be working on developing and maintaining scalable data pipelines that support many use cases. Depending on the candidate’s experience, this position is open to both a Data Engineer Contractor (with full-time conversion opportunity), as well as Data Engineer. This role will be work-from-home throughout 2020 and almost certainly a big portion of 2021 as well.
Things we admire in a coworker
- Proven aptitude in building consensus, resolving conflict, solving tough business problems, and rolling up your sleeves to do whatever needs to be done.
- A true “team player” mentality with positive and fun energy, who actively seeks out feedback, and iterates quickly.
- Strong communication skills, comfort in front of senior groups, and accountability for action items.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties.
Why you’ll love SetSail
- 100% remote team with an onboarding package to help get you setup.
- Generous benefits: Health/dental/vision coverage (Anthem Blue Cross PPO, Spirit Ameritas dental and Spirit VSP vision), and we cover 95% of employee cost and 80% of any dependent cost, company 401k.
- Equitable company equity.
- Flexible time off and one Friday a month off to reboot.
- Monthly food and snack stipend to keep you energized.
- Company game nights — bring your A-game!
- We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.