8 Best Sales Management Software and Systems for 2022
A complete review of the 8 Best Sales Management Software and Systems for 2022
Sales play an important role in the success of any business. To point out the obvious, the majority of revenue comes through sales for most businesses.
The role of a sales team runs a lot deeper than just selling, however.
Sales teams are customer-facing. They are responsible for building brand loyalty, bridging the gap between customer’s needs and the products/services on offer, and driving growth.
Therefore, the better managed your sales team are, and the better equipped they are, the better they are able to perform their role.
This is where sales management software and systems play a pivotal role. Sales management software is designed to streamline sales processes, provide sales reps with the tools they need to improve performance, and much more.
What Is Sales Management Software?
Sales management software are tools and online platforms that include a number of useful features to help sales reps, managers, and entire teams perform their roles more efficiently.
Each software varies in its tools and features. Typically speaking. However, you can expect sales management software to include:
Account management - Managing customer accounts plays an essential role in nurturing, escalating, and closing a sale. With the tools and insights good sales management software provides, you can offer a personalized and proactive sales and post-sales experience.
Central dashboard - Having a central dashboard for a sales team to share knowledge gets everyone on the same page in real-time.
Coaching - By monitoring every interaction between reps and customers, sales management software identifies rep’s individual strengths and weaknesses. Enabling you to provide coaching for reps in the specific areas they need that will help them develop their sales skill set.
Analytics - Management software enables you to compare individual performance, overall performance, and insights into what is and isn’t working well.
Task automation - Sales software can automate and speed up many manual, and repetitive tasks reps do.
Why Use Sales Management Software?
The main benefits you will almost certainly notice from the moment you’ve onboarded sales management software includes:
When you bring in software and systems that automate processes and take manual work off your hands, the first thing you’ll notice is that you save time.
Sales management software is designed to take as many tasks off your hands as possible. Moreover, it’s frequently used to help businesses streamline their processes, identify areas for improvement, and find useful insights from experienced professionals.
Higher Win Rates
The end goal is always improving win rates. Sales management tools help you find more prospects, better nurture those leads, and ultimately make more conversions.
Exactly how you’ll achieve this depends on your business model and the software you choose. This is one of the areas to consider when choosing sales management software carefully.
Improved Communication and Coherence
Communication and coherence within a sales team and within an organization have numerous benefits.
While performance may be measured individually, improving communication can help everyone raise their game.
Sales management software opens up improved lines of communication. Enabling sales reps to work and learn from each other, share key information in real-time, and most importantly, work together on the shared goal of selling more.
Motivated Sales Reps
This is where the other benefits come full circle. Taking repetitive tasks from your sales reps and giving them the tools to better perform in their roles is motivating for them.
Motivated sales reps = increased productivity and results.
In addition to this, some sales management software includes tools to help boost motivation and performance. All these roads lead to the same thing; more conversions and more revenue.
Ready to better organize your sales data, find more leads, improve conversion rates, and generally turn your sales team into a better organized, streamlined selling machine?
We bet you are!
Here is a look at 8 of the best sales management software and systems that will help you achieve all of the above - and hopefully more:
8 Best Sales Management Software and Systems for 2022
SetSail is the first Signal-Based Selling software to use a combination of AI and behavioral science to help businesses turn their sales data into better sales behaviors.
This intelligent software uses a data-driven approach to build custom end-to-end solutions that make a real difference to how sales teams perform.
The cycle SetSail goes through is:
- Collect - The first stage is capturing and cleaning your sales data in your CRM software. SetSail picks up all of the interactions taking place between your reps and customers.
- Discover - The next stage is leveraging machine learning to analyze your customer interactions. SetSail compares data against hundreds of buying signals to uncover sales best practices.
- Track - This is an important step where all your sales managers can boost their efforts by having complete visibility into their reps’ revenue driving activities and coach reps on that.
- Accelerate - SetSail uses all the data collected to suggest tailored incentive programs, highlight sales rep’s strengths, identify areas for improvement, and more.
SetSail is relied on by huge global brands like HubSpot, Cisco, and Dropbox. It’s a true end-to-end solution to help you gain insights into how your sales team is performing and ways you can improve productivity and performance.
- Delivers powerful data-driver insights into sales rep performance.
- Connects with all the major sales platforms.
- Sales leaderboard and reward setting is motivating for employees.
- Promotes improved inter-team communications.
- Some of the data crunching can take some time to calculate.
SetSail doesn’t have any set pricing plans or provide any pricing information. You’ll need to reach out for a demo, and they’ll arrange a custom quote.
Salesforce is a CRM with one of - if not the - largest range of features, tools, third-party integrations, and sales solutions.
This software is more than just a sales readiness or enablement platform. It’s a complete CRM solution that businesses can use to improve processes organization-wide.
For sales management, some of the key features Salesforce includes are:
- Lead and contract management.
- Ability to set complex workflow rules and automation.
- Detailed analytics and reporting tools to measure performance.
- Improved communication and training materials.
It’s worth noting that Salesforce is entirely cloud-based. This means there is no need to download data locally, and you can access your dashboard from any device. This does mean you need a strong internet connection, however.
- Intuitive interface and great visuals for data at a glance.
- A wide range of automation options and features are good time-savers.
- Ability to create central knowledge database training materials for your sales reps.
- Integrates and works seamlessly with hundreds of other tools.
- Pricing can be complicated.
- There is a steep learning curve with some of the features.
Salesforce has many different products and pricing plans. So it’s best to reach out to a member of their team to discuss your requirements and have them help recommend the best plan for you.
Hubspot is an all-in-one CRM software that includes a large toolbox of tools to help organizations better manage their sales and marketing teams.
On the sales side, HubSpot helps sales reps identify new prospects and warm leads, build custom campaigns, organize customer data and workflows, automate repetitive tasks, and much more.
The bottom line for sales reps is that HubSpot makes their jobs a lot quicker and smoother. Freeing up more of their time to do what really matters, working on converting leads into sales.
- You get a clear overall picture showing you how your sales teams are performing.
- This software integrates with hundreds of other tools.
- The CRM part of HubSpot is robust and improves efficiency.
- Their support has a great reputation; HubSpot is a huge, well-established company.
- It can get expensive as your needs grow.
- Some of the templates and forms are hard to customize.
Pricing plans range from $45/mo all the way up to $3,200/mo, depending on the features you want.
Outreach is a sales enablement platform that helps sales teams better understand both the internal processes they’re using, and external customer interactions.
It does this through extensive data collection and intelligence. This enables Outreach’s AI to deliver data-driven insights that result in higher velocity and more effective selling.
Outreach also finds processes within your sales cycle that can be automated. It streamlines workflows, and performs other functions that saves precious time for reps.
This means, as an organization you save time and money, as well as empowering your reps to drive more sales and increase revenue.
- Organizes all customer actions and activities.
- Tracks prospect engagement and helps improve conversion rates.
- Syncs information with Salesforce and other CRMs.
- AI-driven insights drive success and helps identify wins.
- Outreach analysis can be hard to drill down on and analyze manually.
- Limited customization options, especially when creating email campaigns.
Outreach doesn’t provide any pricing information. You’ll need to speak with a member of their sales team for a quote.
Chorus is a conversational intelligence sales platform that helps make every interaction between customers and sales reps count.
This software collects data from calls, meetings, emails, and any other communications between customer-facing teams and customers.
Chorus then uses a powerful AI engine to analyze this data and provide insights to reps and decision makers into their workflow that helps them perform better.
- AI-backed insights promote better customer engagement.
- Provides a detailed look at customer interactions through transcripts and data.
- Strong search engine enables you to find exactly what you want from your customer data.
- Audio and video quality is great and easy to skip around and work with.
- Some micro actions such as cutting and sharing snippets aren’t always easy to perform.
- UX could be better.
Chorus does not provide any pricing plans. You’ll have to contact a member of their sales team for a quote.
Highspot is a sales enablement platform that helps empower reps to reach more prospects, elevate customer conversations, better manage content, and sell more.
This software has a strong content-driven approach to helping marketers and sales reps. You can manage your content in an easy to share database, guide sellers with training materials, onboard, train and coach reps, and much more.
By having all of your company resources in one place, you create a single source of truth that empowers reps with the knowledge and tools they need to perform better.
- Excellent content management features help to share knowledge organization-wide.
- Search feature works well making it easy for reps to find the information they need.
- You can edit documents online in real-time without the need to download anything.
- Provides insightful metrics into sales rep behaviors and coaching needs.
- Doesn’t have the most intuitive and modern interface.
- You cannot track individual engagement when sending the same link to multiple people.
Highspot does not provide any set pricing plan information. You’ll need to contact their sales team for a quote.
Salesloft is a sales management software that enables B2B sales reps to close more deals.
It facilities this by helping reps find the right contacts, and reaching out to them with personalized messages that convert.
Salesloft tracks every customer interaction, providing insights into what’s working and areas where you can make improvements.
It also integrates with CRMs, builds pipelines and follows leads, and helps streamline sales processes from end-to-end.
- Detailed reporting and analytics provide data-driven insights that improve sales processes.
- Syncs with Salesforce and other CRMs.
- Cadences make it easy and efficient to organize prospects.
- Conversational analytics drive deeper insights into customer behaviors.
- Some of the email features are clunky, especially with bulk sending and big data.
- Lacking mobile functionality.
Salesloft does not provide any set pricing plan information. You’ll need to contact their sales team for a quote.
Zoominfo is a sales intelligence platform that helps B2B sales reps find better prospects, make more sales, and improve their conversion rates.
It does this by providing a range of useful outreach tools, but primarily Zoominfo does two things very well;
One is providing a huge database of verified leads for sales reps to leverage. The other is providing tools to find, verify, and reach targeted prospects and decision makers.
- Deep database of verified contacts to get started with.
- Sales activity tracking helps monitor and improve outreach performance.
- Conversational analytics record and analyze every customer interaction.
- Finds detailed and enriched contact information.
- Lacking some advanced filtering options.
- Zoominfo isn’t perfect, you will need to double-check sensitive data sometimes.
Zoominfo does not make its pricing plans public. You’ll need to reach out to their sales team for a quote.
As you can see from the above software and systems, no two sales management platforms are the same, just as no two sales teams’ needs are the same.
Overall, it’s an important decision that will impact your revenue, so be sure to request a demo or take a free trial of the software you think best meets your requirements.
Of the tools above, SetSail is the best place to start. By collecting more data points than any other software and using a combination of AI and behavioral science, SetSail offers the most complete and robust sales management solution for businesses of all sizes.
Book a demo and see for yourself!