You need sales tracking software if you want to have a crystal clear picture of how effective your sales processes are and have the data and insights to make improvements.
On a micro level, sales tracking software will track every single interaction between customers and your sales reps.
On a macro level, sales tracking software analyzes the data it collects to give you detailed insights into exactly how your processes are performing, as well as areas where you can improve.
Sales used to be an all or nothing game. Make a sale, get a commission.
20% of reps driving 80% of the revenue on average has become a norm.
However today, that’s no longer the case. With modern data we can track micro actions as you progress towards each win.
It turns out the best reps do the basics right at the right moment during the sales cycle.
Before you read about these 17 best sales tracking software, you need to know that today, AI expands your ability to win more and win fast by realigning sales around small wins that lead to the big win. Download our Signal-Based Selling eBook to learn how to focus sales on the signals that close deals.
Overall, if you’re not yet using sales tracking software, your sales teams are not running anywhere near optimally – and this software is going to show you exactly why and how to improve.
Here’s a look at exactly what sales tracking software is, how you can use this type of software and tools to improve your processes and make more money, and 17 of the best sales tracking software tools and apps on the market:
What Is Sales Tracking Software?
Let’s start with the obvious – sales tracking software tracks every element and interaction involved in your sales processes.
This typically means every customer interaction, like emails, messages, and phone calls. It also tracks individual sales rep performance down to a fine micro level, like how they’re nurturing leads, types of close, how long they’re spending on tasks, and much more.
Tracking data is only part of the process, however. The real wins come from how you’re able to use that data to make improvements.
We were well aware of this when we were developing SetSail. This is why we created SetSail to track more data points than any other sales tracking software on the market.
SetSail then uses a combination of AI and behavioral science to turn that data into the kinds of actionable insights that you can’t get any other way.
Why Should You Use Sales Tracking Software?
If you’re not using sales tracking software, no matter how streamlined you think your sales processes are – there’s a lot of room for improvement.
How do we know this?
We’ve empowered thousands of reps by onboarding them with SetSail and consistently see a 15%-20% gain in their revenue contribution as a result.
Sales is vastly different to what it was 10, 5, even 2 years ago. If you’re not continually analyzing and optimizing how your reps are interacting with your customers and your market, you’re slipping behind your competitors that are.
There are a number of reasons why you should adopt sales tracking software. The three main benefits are:
Better Understanding Your Customers
The better you understand your customers and their needs, the easier it will be to sell to them.
SetSail is built around identifying customer interactions, empowering reps with the knowledge and metrics they need to work with that data, and finally rewarding reps on how they’re performing.
It’s a virtuous circle that results in a higher conversion rate by better understanding your customers’ unique needs.
Improving Processes and Streamlining Workflows
Software as a standalone product is designed to help us accomplish things faster, with more automation, and reduce human error risk.
In the form of sales tracking software, all of the above is true. It’s no secret that sales reps spend too much time on administrative tasks when they could be selling.
This is where the right sales tracking software can make a huge difference. Using SetSail, you will discover tasks that can be automated – or even eliminated – and this alone will have a huge impact on sales rep performance and your bottom line.
Monitoring and Motivating Sales Reps
A business is often only as successful as its sales reps are effective. Sales tracking software enables you to get deeper insights into exactly how your reps are performing, where they’re spending their time, how customers respond to them, and much more.
With SetSail, you can see all of these key metrics in a leaderboard and set monetary rewards for your top-performing reps – known to be one of the most effective forms of motivation.
Outside of rewards, empowering reps with the knowledge and tools to perform better is in itself a motivating factor. It also helps create a more productive selling environment and sets the perpetual wheels of success in motion.
With all of this in mind, here is a look at 17 of the best sales tracking software tools and apps on the market:
17 Best Sales Tracking Software Tools and Apps of 2021
Setsail is the most effective tracking tool on the market. This software does far more than just tracking sales data; it addresses a complete flow from data and customer interactions to behaviors.
To do this, not only does Setsail track more data points than any other sales tracking software, but it also leverages a combination of AI and behavioral science to turn those data points into actionable insights.
Using Setsail, you can monitor sales rep performance, improve processes and win rates, better understand customer behaviors, discover and act on signals down to a micro level, and much more.
- Enables you to motivate your sales reps with data-driven actionable steps.
- Provides time-based metrics helping you to make quick, timely decisions.
- Set and track milestones progress.
- Automate sales processes and eliminate repetitive tasks.
- It doesn’t have the depth of lead nurturing some other tools have.
We understand that no two businesses’ needs are the same. Please reach out to us for a free demo of SetSail and to work out a custom plan that is best suited to your needs.
Salesforce is one of the world’s most popular CRMs and is used by more than 150,000 companies worldwide.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce has been evolving for more than two decades and has built up a huge toolkit and a long list of features to help sales teams do better work.
Salesforce is a complete end-to-end sales enablement platform. Sales tracking is at the core of what Salesforce does, enabling sales reps with the data and tools they need to perform better.
- A great deal of flexibility allows businesses of any shape and size to build custom solutions.
- Countless integrations and connectivity with other tools help to incorporate Salesforce into your tech stack seamlessly.
- As one of the most popular CRMs, there is a wealth of support and help available.
- An intuitive and easy-to-use interface helps flatten the learning curve.
- It gets expensive as you add more users, and some features are also paid add-ons.
Salesforce has a lot of flexible pricing plans and add-ons. To get a custom quote, you should discuss your requirements with a member of their sales team.
Pegasystems is an intelligent and innovative CRM that collects sales data and turns that data into solutions to help sales teams solve problems through data-driven insights.
This software uses a “Center-out” approach, which essentially means Pegasystems starts by analyzing what your customers are looking for – then helps your sales team meet those needs.
Through a combination of real-time AI, case management, live data, omni-channel experiences, and some other tools, Pegasystems can provide complex and unique solutions to sales process bottlenecks and problems.
- A wide range of customizable features allows users to build their own dashboard and create custom solutions.
- Powerful analytics and reporting tools help you gain detailed insights into sales performance.
- Easy to integrate with a wide range of other tools and software.
- Java-based, but no coding or technical knowledge required to fully use the software.
- The steep learning curve when you explore advanced features and limited third-party support.
Pegasystems doesn’t have any set pricing plans. However, they offer a 30-day free trial, so you can try before you buy then work out a monthly plan with their sales team.
ServiceNow is an IT service management solution and sales tracking software designed to help growing organizations facilitate collaboration across teams, streamline workflows, boost productivity, and ultimately do better work.
At the core of this software is an intelligent AI called Now Intelligence. Now Intelligence collects and organizes data, surfaces information, makes data-driven predictions, and automates repetitive tasks.
Combined with a suite of other sales enablement and productivity tools, ServiceNow enables organizations of any size to efficiently digitize workflows and scale up as you do.
- Workflows are scalable and easily adapt to businesses of any size.
- You can assign tasks to teams or individuals and monitor progress.
- Strong collaboration tools facilitate teamwork and improve communication.
- API access enables custom apps and rules and accepts SOAP requests.
- A steep learning curve and most users find it tricky customizing modules.
.ServiceNow doesn’t make any set pricing plans public. You’ll need to contact their sales team to request a demo or book a call.
Microsoft’s CRM offering is their Dynamics 365 software. Dynamics 365 brings together a wide range of intelligent business applications that helps organizations automate and streamline their sales processes end-to-end.
Trusted by large global brands like Pandora, Dr. Martens, and HP, Dynamics 365 is a robust sales tracking and enablement solution capable of handling data at scale.
Dynamics 365 empowers sales reps with the data and insights to improve continually. On the backend, you can drill down into analytics to a granular level to uncover insights that make a real difference.
- Tracking tools collect data points from any number of systems and organizes them into one central platform.
- UI is clean and intuitive to use, and consistent across all entities.
- Seamlessly integrates with other Microsoft applications like Outlook and Teams.
- Data collection tools provide a 365-degree view of customer journeys and expectations.
- Not the most user-friendly platform, it seems to assume prior experience using CRMs.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Pricing
Pricing starts at $65/mo per user, with reduced costs for additional users and separate pricing for additional features.
Zendesk is a service-first CRM that makes customer service better. This software provides many tools to help customer-facing teams better understand their customers’ needs and better meet those needs.
Used by the likes of Mailchimp, Siemens, and Uber, if you’re looking for a solution to better understand and communicate with your customers, Zendesk is the software you should be looking at.
On the sales side, Zendesk enhances productivity, processes, and pipeline visibility. It helps turn conversations into conversions and provides insights into every interaction with every customer in an easy-to-use format.
- Collects every interaction between reps and customers to help you better understand the needs of your customers.
- Easy to use for both sales reps and customers.
- Easy to organize teams of any size and share information.
- Integrates with a wide range of tools, social media platforms, and other third-party platforms.
- There are almost too many options making the software feel overwhelming at first.
Monthly pricing plans start at $19/mo per user and scale up based on the features you require.
Oracle sales software guides sales reps to make better decisions by providing intelligent recommendations fueled by clean, real-time sales data tracked.
Named by Gartner as a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Salesforce automation for 4 years in a row, Oracle integrates seamlessly with Salesforce and other third-party tools and CRMs to become part of any sales tech stack.
Oracle is one of the most innovative sales enablement solutions on the market. It uses intelligent machine learning to collect, clean, and enrich customer data.
Giving you actionable insights that help you automate repetitive tasks, build better processes, identify bottlenecks, and most importantly, formulate solutions.
- Highly scalable software capable of handling any number of data sources and volume of data.
- Creates a centralized CRM and a single source of truth to simplify data management.
- Strong business intelligence tools help analyze and leverage sales data.
- Flexible configuration helps customize Oracle to your individual needs.
- It doesn’t have the most intuitive UI and isn’t the easiest platform to use.
Oracle doesn’t make any monthly pricing plans public. You’ll need to contact a member of their sales team for a custom quote.
SAP is a business intelligence tool that empowers sales reps and organizations to make better decisions through real-time data collection and fast communication.
This software provides an efficient and effective way to manage contracts, communicate with customers, eliminate unnecessary tasks, and improve workflows from start to finish.
SAP collects and tracks every customer interaction, enabling you to set and monitor KPIs, make important information available to your reps in real-time, and use quality data to drive better decisions.
- User-friendly UI and smart administration modules.
- Semantic layer support and multi-source database.
- Strong reporting features enable granular-level analysis.
- Real-time business intelligence drives smarter decisions.
- Some features require third-party tools like Adobe Flash and Java functionality.
SAP does not make any set pricing plans public. They do offer demos of their products and a free trial, so you can try the software before committing.
Used by iconic bands like Google, Mastercard, and BMW, Verint is a sales tracking and business intelligence platform utilized by some of the largest global organizations.
The strength of Verint is how it helps to turn customer interactions into actionable insights. This software collects data points around every interaction between sales reps and customers, uncovers solutions to problems, automates repetitive tasks, and more.
In short, Verint helps businesses get more relevant data points to facilitate better decision-making.
- Deep pool of automated task scheduling and educated planning tools.
- Performance scorecards provide an interactive learning experience for sales reps.
- Seamless integration with a long list of third-party tools.
- Ability to build custom bespoke reporting areas for individual departments or teams.
- Lacking interactive training modules and support for new users.
Verint does not make any set pricing plans public. They do offer a demo of their product, so you can try the software before committing.
Freshworks is an AI-powered CRM that helps deliver personalized experiences across marketing and sales teams within organizations of any size.
This software enables users to attract, engage, and nurture leads through several tools that help to understand the individual requirements of a customer better.
By better understanding a customer’s needs, you can provide tailored solutions and ultimately change how you operate as an organization through data-driven insights.
- Create a single source of truth for your business and individual teams.
- Captures a wide range of customers and sales data points.
- It enables you to get a true 360-degree view of your customers.
- Wide range of apps and additional add-on tools.
- Lacks some of the enterprise features of some larger CRMs.
Freshworks pricing plans start at $29/mo. They do offer a free trial, so you can test the software before committing to a plan.
Appian is a digital transformation platform that uses AI and new technologies to make business more innovative, agile, and customer-centric.
This software is a low-code solution for organizations actively looking to develop powerful and unique bespoke applications.
It’s quick to use, adaptable, helps break up tasks into smaller, automated processes, has a wide range of collaboration and task management tools, and ultimately empowers sales teams with the tools and information they need to perform better.
- Quick to use with no coding experience, lots of drag-and-drop elements.
- Built-in task management, team collaboration, and social intranet.
- Decision engine produces complex logic solutions.
- It does a good job of helping to break up app creation into smaller parts.
- The interface looks dated, and it’s not always obvious how to create the desired solution.
Appian doesn’t provide any pricing information. You can get started with a free trial, then a member of their team will work out a custom plan.
Creatio is a process management and CRM platform designed to help businesses of all sizes accelerate their marketing, sales, and service processes.
This software enables users to connect with customers faster, in a more personalized way and helps find unique ways to improve processes and workflows.
For customer-facing teams, Creatio empowers reps with all the tools they need to deliver an excellent customer experience while collecting the data behind every interaction for backend analysis.
- Includes several apps that can either be deployed individually or used as a bundle.
- Apps are agile and easily able to scale with the needs of a complex and growing business.
- User-friendly low-code applications are easy for anyone to pick up and use.
- Printables and reporting tools are difficult to work with.
Creatio doesn’t provide any pricing information. You can get started with a free trial, then a member of their team will work out a custom plan.
eGain is a customer engagement automation platform that utilizes a combination of AI, virtual assistant technology, knowledge, and analytics to help organizations better understand their customers.
The strength of eGain is its customer communication tools. By facilitating better conversations and tracking every interaction, you’re able to have a deep understanding of what your customers are looking for.
Working with the analytics on the backend, you can monitor key metrics, customer satisfaction, trends and identify what’s working well and what isn’t.
- Facilitates real-time communications with customers and immediate actions.
- Message hub connects with a wide range of platforms like SMS, MMS, social media, and more.
- Email automation tools.
- Share knowledge everywhere via knowledge and AI tools.
- Multiple sixers complain about the system struggling when multiple chats are open at the same time.
eGain doesn’t have any set pricing plans. Contact a member of their sales team for a demo and to discuss pricing.
SugarCRM empowers marketing, sales, and customer-facing teams with the tools and resources they need to perform in their roles better.
This intelligent software tracks sales data points then turns that data into market and company insights that help sales teams sell smarter.
One of the core tools included in SugarCRM is Sugar Sell. Sugar Sell collects and consolidates sales data, then produces automation opportunities, forecasts, communications, insights, and much more.
Ultimately, this CRM provides all the tools you need to provide the best possible experience for your customers. It gives you good visibility on past, present, and future customers’ behaviors.
- The mobileapphas a good range of functionality.
- User-friendly UI, easy to get started with, and the support team are helpful when needed.
- Gives you a clear overview of your sales pipeline and lead progression.
- Collects a wide range of sales data points and turns that data into actionable insights.
- Desktop and mobile menus are not homogeneous, which leads to confusion at times.
SugarCRM prices its tools individually. Their sales tracking tool, Sugar Sell, starts at $80/mo per user.
CRMNext is a financial services CRM. This software is designed to provide customer-centric solutions to banks, credit unions, and other financial institutes.
This platform is broken down into three platforms; sales, service, and marketing. You can use each tool independently, or you deploy all three to form a complete end-to-end solution.
CRMNext says they help financial institutions slash time spent on service interactions by up to 90% while increasing team productivity by up to 60% and increasing bottom-line revenue by up to 40%.
- Facilities managing customers and tracking interactions for analysis.
- Improves team and individual rep performance and productivity.
- Identifies, automates, and eliminates repetitive tasks.
- The system is close to 100% customizable.
- It’s easy to learn the ropes but hard to master the platform without additional support.
CRMNext doesn’t have any set pricing plans. Contact a member of their sales team for a demo and to discuss pricing.
Kustomer is a customer service CRM platform that helps organizations quickly resolve all of their conversations across all digital channels through one single source of truth.
The team behind Kustomer is keen to point out that they’re not a ticketing system. There’s much more to their software. They provide a complete end-to-end solution for tracking, measuring, and improving every customer-facing interaction.
This software uses a combination of AI and process automation to eliminate repetitive tasks, streamline workflows, and help sales teams get on the same page using data-driven insights to make better decisions.
- Enables you to create a single source of data for all communication channels.
- Sentiment analysis tools.
- Real-time, fully customizable dashboards help you track key metrics at a glance.
- Simply the most complicated workflows and improve productivity.
- The built-in editor isn’t the easiest to use without some coding knowledge.
Kustomer has two main monthly pricing plans. These range from $89/mo per user to $139/mo per user, depending on the features you want.
17. Zoho CRM
Named by Gartner as a visionary in the CRM space and for delivering an exceptional customer experience, there’s no question that Zoho CRM is one of the best sales tracking software tools on the market.
If streamlining your processes and automating repetitive tasks are high on your list of priorities, this is an area where Zoho excels.
Zoho also helps bring together all the communication channels your sales team is currently using – and some they’re probably not – through a single interface.
- It comes with lots of templates and modules to help you get started.
- Complete remote-ready features accessible from any device.
- A powerful suite of AI tools helps you keep up-to-date with real-time insights.
- Strong collaboration tools promote teamwork and communication.
- Gets pricey for larger teams.
Zoho CRM Pricing
Zoho CRM has four monthly pricing plans. Pricing ranges from $12-50/mo per user depending on the features you want to use.
Link: Zoho CRM
While all these sales tracking tools and apps can help you and your reps start stacking more wins, SetSail is the only one that focuses on Revenue Execution.
SetSail is a Revenue Execution platform that bridges the gap between data in these tools and actions that reps need to take to drive more revenue.
This intelligent software uses a data-driven approach to build custom end-to-end solutions that make a real difference to how sales teams perform.
SetSail is relied on by huge global brands like HubSpot, Cisco, and Dropbox. It’s built to help you gain insights into how your sales team is performing and ways you can improve productivity and performance. Tour the product →