If you’re a sales leader or revenue operations manager in this day and age, you must have the most cutting-edge software to support your team and optimize performance.
Sales or revenue enablement software, sales tracking software, and sales data software are just a few of the secret weapons that the most successful organizations use to gain valuable insights into how effective and efficient their sales processes are, as well as how to improve them.
Look no further if you’re ready to find a sales tool to optimize your team and get ahead of your competition. SetSail, People.ai, Clari, and Salesforce Einstein Activity Capture are some of the best on the market.
And yes, we’ve included ourselves in this list. Not only do we truly believe in our product, but our customers do too: Check out our top ratings and badges on G2 here or why we were named a Top 10 Sales Technology Solutions by CIO Applications.
Keep reading to find the right solution for your needs.
SetSail is revolutionizing sales data. Today, most companies have incomplete & ineffective sales data to work from. Only 20-50% of sales activity data is captured in CRMs, and 30% of that contact data is irrelevant due to decay. On top of that, pulling any actionable insights from the sales data in a CRM is time-consuming and entirely manual. Too many revenue organizations are flying blind due to this lack of data.
That’s where SetSail comes in. SetSail is the first Sales Data Hub that gives actionable visibility for modern revenue teams. SetSail automatically produces complete and actionable sales data you can act on now. End-to-end visibility means that SetSail can sync with your CRM, email, calendar, and other engagement platforms to centralize and interpret your sales data, giving you clear insight into which high-value activities will help your team close more deals.
SetSail is great for organizations looking to improve their revenue operations processes, reduce manual data entry, and gain more complete sales data to make more informed decisions.
Want to see how much sales data you’re missing in your CRM? Get a complimentary Data Gap Assessment.
- Activity tracking and sales dashboard
- Activity capture and CRM writeback
- Real-time data analysis
- Performance metrics
- Behavior monitoring
- Sales forecasting and trend analysis
- Third-party integrations
- Buying signal reviews
- Gamification options
- Fills the missing sales data gap with end-to-end visibility.
- Elevates sales conversations.
- Maximizes revenue by improving rep productivity, providing complete and accurate sales data, and automating manual data entry.
- Customers see a reduction in ramp time and higher ROI on sales team performance.
- AI-backed solutions drive more profound insights into rep performance with micro-incentives.
- Time-based metrics help sales leaders make better real-time decisions.
- Excellent customer support and training resources to help organizations get the most value.
- Writes data to Salesforce to allow organizations to manage their sales and customer data in one place.
- Most effective for companies with >50 reps
Schedule your free demo with SetSail today.
People.ai is a revenue intelligence platform that promises to help sales, marketing, and customer success teams understand revenue opportunities from their customers. People.ai provides sales leaders an overview of sales activities, leveraging AI to help leaders manage their teams based on data.
This platform provides organizations with calendar, email, and collaboration systems to automatically capture contact and activity data from customer interactions.
- Campaign management
- Collaboration tools
- Contact and meeting management
- Field sales management
- Customer journey mapping
- Provides visibility into deals.
- Integration with Salesforce.
- Tracks rep metrics over time.
- Shows what activities everyone is doing on the team.
- It can take some time to learn the UI.
- Fewer customization options than competitors.
- Information isn’t always provided in real-time.
- Privacy and security controls aren’t as strong as competitors.
- Issues with data accuracy and completeness.
- Some manual data entry is still required.
- Forecasting isn’t a focus.
No pricing information listed on their website.
Clari helps B2B organizations shorten sales cycles and improve forecast accuracy by using AI to create funnel accountability across teams. This platform works to recognize leads, evaluate business risks, create sales growth forecasts, and investigate pipelines.
Clari works best for revenue teams who need to reduce time spent on forecasting.
- Exception reporting
- Performance metrics
- Sales trend analysis
- Interaction tracking
- Modeling and simulation
- Dynamic modeling
- Customizable and editable interface.
- Ability to forecast opportunities.
- Offers pipeline management support.
- View an overview of your current & projected pipeline.
- Filters make it easy to frame up your understanding of your pipeline and business performance.
- Lack of ability to make updates to opportunities.
- Has a higher learning curve.
- Can be challenging to export reports.
- Noticeable lag in response times.
No pricing information listed on their website.
Salesforce Einstein Activity Capture
Salesforce’s Einstein Activity Capture helps keep data between Salesforce and email and calendar applications up to date. Einstein Activity Capture focuses on capturing three types of data—emails, events, and contacts—which are taken from a connected Microsoft or Google account and stored using Salesforce’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
For example, emails that Einstein Activity Capture users send and receive are captured and automatically added to the activity timeline of related account, contact, lead, opportunity, contract, and quote records. Events also get added automatically to the activity timeline of additional records, opportunities, contracts, and quotes.
- The Activities Dashboard summarizes sales activities, including activities added manually and with Einstein Activity Capture.
- Events and contacts are synced between Salesforce and users’ connected Microsoft or Google accounts.
- Einstein Activity Capture and Inbox stores data using the Salesforce Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
- Integrates well with other Salesforce platforms.
- Helps improve productivity by providing updated information between applications.
- Data generates engagement details and usage insights.
- Your Google G Suite account or Microsoft® Exchange-based server must meet specific system requirements.
- Einstein Activity Capture has different functionality depending on which version you use.
- If you have Standard Einstein Activity Capture users, Einstein Email Insights isn’t on by default, and you can't create custom email insights.
- The captured data is added to the timeline of related Salesforce records and is used to generate insights but not to create Salesforce records.
- Pricing depends on what Salesforce tools you are currently using, what API has been purchased, and what edition you have.
What to Look for When Considering SetSail, People.ai, Clari, and Einstein
Every revenue team has different needs and desires when it comes to picking the right software. Here are a few critical factors that you must consider when selecting a platform for enabling your team.
Prospect & Lead Management Tools
When comparing software, look for a solution that aligns with and accelerates your processes for acquiring and managing leads. SetSail integrates with the significant customer engagement tools and captures every contact, email, and meeting your sales team has.
The platform then automatically completes your data by adding contact details like department and title, capturing signals like sentiment and topic, and automatically associating contacts with the correct account or opportunity.
There is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to sales software. However, the more flexible and customizable a software is, the better it can fit your needs.
This is where booking a demo of a product proves invaluable. Have a salesperson take you through a software demo and ask questions about how you would customize it to work best for your needs. Having that hands-on experience with the software will help you get a better understanding of what you may or may not need.
Schedule your demo with SetSail now.
Sales reps spend too much time on administrative and repetitive tasks. Automation is a benefit offered by all of the software platforms reviewed in this article, taking those manual and repetitive tasks off the plate of reps.
SetSail CEO Haggai Levi explains: “Companies must change their traditional ideas of sales data gathering and processing that’s largely based on self-reporting, where sales reps are expected to manually enter data into their CRMs. That is the equivalent of using fax during the internet era. There are systems and technology in place that can completely automate the entire interaction between the reps and their customers.”
SetSail automatically fills your data gap and elevates sales conversations to help sales and revenue operations teams save time, reduce costs, and close more deals. RevOps leaders don’t have to worry if sales reps have logged all their interactions with a customer – SetSail captures it all and provides insights wherever you want them, whether it’s your CRM, data lake, or in SetSail's intuitive dashboards.
Sales leaders rely on data visibility and reporting to gain insight into process efficiency and rep performance. Having useful reporting allows for informed decisions to drive revenue.
Not all reports are created equal, and not all businesses will need to utilize the same format or style of reports. The reporting style of your revenue intelligence software should complement your current operations.
Ease of Use
From a user perspective, sales software has come a long way in recent years. Low or no-code software is the norm now, and there is a significant emphasis on making software easy for people to use.
You should always consider the cost associated with onboarding, and training and the potential disruption implementing new software can cause. It should be intuitive to use and save you time – not cost it.
Setsail vs. Clari vs. Einstein Activity Capture vs. People.ai: Which is the best option for you?
Whether you’re a RevOps team leader or CIO, choosing the right software is an incredibly important decision. Request a demo of any of the software you’re interested in to help you get a better idea of what may work for you.
Based on the above review of SetSail vs. People.ai vs. Clari vs. Salesforce Einstein Activity Capture, it’s evident each software delivers a different approach to sales tracking and revenue enablement.
SetSail’s outstanding sales management software uses both behavioral science and AI to assist businesses with their sales data, resulting in overall better sales behaviors. SetSail offers exceptional customer service and provides all training resources necessary to help teams get up and running.
Named Startup of the Year and a Top 10 Sales Technology, it is clear that SetSail customers see the value in complete and actionable sales data.